“If you build it, they will come.”
When the “First Contact” with a non-human intelligent species from another planet actually happens, will humanity be prepared?
This site will focus on the social, psychological, emotional, political, religious, and financial issues surrounding contact with an alien species.
The mission of this site is to provide a forum for the discussion of how humanity can understand, accept, and form relationships with a non-human intelligent species from another planet. The discussions should focus on the social, psychological, emotional, political, religious, and financial issues surrounding this contact. This discussion should not wait until the “First Contact” actually happens.
Do not report UFO sightings or pictures, alien contact or abductions to this site!
Other web sites and government agencies are used for reports of those events.
This site operates under the following assumptions.
- With a 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way galaxy, there has to be millions of planets, and out of those millions there has to be thousands of habitable planets.
- At the present time, there is no proof that intelligent beings exist elsewhere in our galaxy. Some of us believe there are many habitable planets in the Milky Way galaxy with intelligent beings at various stages of evolution living on those planets.
- The technology for interstellar travel by humans does not exist and will not likely exist in the near future. However, the technology to land a robotic rover on Mars was not accomplished until 1976, about 46 years ago. Who knows what could be accomplished in the next 50 to 100 years?
- The Rare Earth hypothesis assumes the conditions necessary for life in the Milky Way are extremely rare and provide an answer to the Fermi paradox. The Fermi paradox is in “opposition to the principle of mediocrity, which assumes that life on Earth is not exceptional, and it is more than likely to be found on innumerable other worlds.
- Most of the science involving astrobiology is concerned with molecular biology, biology, biophysics, biochemistry, chemistry, astronomy, cosmology, and numerous other scientific disciplines or theories. None of this deals with the social, psychological, and emotional issues mankind will have to confront when contact with an intelligent alien species occurs. How will humans deal with beings from a non-human society?